Online Help for Phobias
A specific phobia involves a disproportional or irrational fear of something that causes the individual to try and avoid the source of their fear. All of us have some fears, however a phobia is fear and avoidance cycle which has a significant impact on a person’s life. Get online help and treatment for phobias today.
Specific Phobias can be attached to a range of objects, situations or activities. Some common phobias include the fear of :
- spider phobia
- height phobia
- fear of vomiting (emetophobia)
- fear of choking
- flying phobia
- bird phobia
- needle phobia
- fear of blood
- fear of driving
The fear and subsequent avoidance pattern can have devastating impacts on one’s quality of life. Research indicates that Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is very effective in treating specific phobias. We offer tried and tested methods that will help you to overcome your fears and live the life you want. Many people who get help for phobias often wonder why they had not done so earlier.Some are embarrassed about their fears and others are afraid of what treatment involves. Rest assured we will always listen and respect your choices and goals. Online help and treatment for phobias is available and it is up to you to take the next step! Book a discounted initial appointment today.
FGetting Online Help for Phobias can :
- A detailed 60 minute Couples Consultation with a Registered Psychologist to discuss any concerns and identify areas you wish to focus on.
- identify what conditions are allowing the phobia to continue
- help you to explore your beliefs about the phobia
- support you to take steps that will ultimately help you feel safer
- help you to address avoidance strategies
Together we will plan a gradual and safe treatment plan that will help you to overcome your phobia and achieve your goals